The Monocle Restaurant on Capitol Hill
Private Event Information
The Monocle Restaurant on Capitol Hill would be honored to host your special occasion in our private or semi-private event spaces. The Monocle building, two converted town homes, has been standing since 1885. The restaurant has hosted many historic parties since its opening in 1960. Our event spaces can accommodate 6 to 125 individuals for sit down events. Receptions can also be arranged for groups of 20 to 200. (Scroll down for photos of the spaces.)
The Federal Room: A private dining or reception room located on the second floor. Spacious event space with a bar. May be sectioned into two rooms: Federal Room-North; and Federal Room-South.
The Wine Room: A private dining room located on the second floor. Intimate setting with mahogany wine cabinetry and original pine floors.
The Atrium Room: A semi-private dining or reception space located beyond the Monocle’s bar area. Features a unique skylight.
***The Main Dining Room may also be available as a private dining space for breakfast events Monday through Friday. The restaurant may also be reserved for weekend events.
Food and Beverage Minimum for Private Events
Credit card information is required to secure rooms; a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the minimum will confirm the space.
Specific food and beverage minimums (before tax and tip) are:
Wine Room (Private, 10 maximum)
• $250 for Breakfast or Lunch
• $500 Dinner
Federal Room (Private, 125 maximum)
Dinner (65 maximum)
• $1,200 for the North Room (one table of 20, or 24 at multiple round tables)
• $1,800 for the South Room (one table of 24, or 36 at multiple round tables)
• $3,000 for the entire room
Lunch (65 maximum)
• $500 for the North Room (one table of 20, or 24 at multiple round tables)
• $800 for the South Room (one table of 24, or 36 at multiple round tables)
• $1,500 for the entire room
Federal Room for Receptions (125 maximum)
• $900 for receptions in North Room (at left) or South Room, until 6:30 p.m.
• $1,800 for the entire room, until 6:30 p.m.
• $3,000 for the entire room for the evening
Breakfast (125 maximum)
• $300 for the North Room
• $500 for the South Room
• $800 for entire room
• $1,000 for Main Dining Room (at right)
Atrium Room (semi-private, 50 maximum)
• $800 for reception until 6:30 p.m. (50 maximum)
• $1,500 for dinner (36 maximum)
Cancellation Policy: If an event is cancelled within two weeks of the date, the credit card will be charged 50%
of the previously arranged food and beverage minimum. All cancellations must be in writing.